Your gratitude is magnetic.
Whatever you think, whatever you feel, you attract to you.
Before beginning the 28 days, Byrne asks that you sit down and make a list of what you really want in every area of your life. She says, “Think through every detail of what you want to be, do, or have in your life–in your relationships, career, finances, health, and every area that is important to you. You can be as specific and detailed as you like, but remember your job is simply to list what you want, not how you’re going to get what you want. The ‘how’ will be done for you when gratitude works it’s magic.”
She says, “When you get clear about the things you want, you are giving a definite direction to the way you want gratitude’s magical power to change your life, and you are ready to begin the most exciting and thrilling adventure you’ve ever been on!”
Insert a raised eyebrow here.
Feeling a little skeptical, but hey, who wouldn’t be up to going on an “exciting and thrilling adventure”?
So, here is my list in no particular order:
- I want to be able to “retire” from teaching ASAP. I am certainly thankful that I have had such a stable, fairly rewarding job/career all these years that has given me an income plus time with my family, but I just don’t really feel passionate or have the energy for it any more. I find myself struggling to connect with my students, and I believe that is because I am only getting older and older than they are. I feel it’s okay to do more than one thing in life. I am ready to follow new passions. I am ready to feel energized about what I do each day. I am ready to go all in on something that I 100% enjoy doing.
- I want to create online revenue streams that more than support me and my family financially (meaning, I want to have all the money) and that redefines what “hard work” means. I want to help people transform their lives. I want to help them feel better, be happier, love themselves and their lives.
- I want to be the bread winner. I have relied on Ray my entire adult life to take care of me and the family financially. I want to do more than provide for my family. I want money to cover our expenses AND pay for luxury stuff AND help the kids out when they need it. I want to pay for travel AND give Ray money for investments and stuff.
- I want Prepped Girl to grow in revenue so it continues to pay itself but also so I can hire people to help it grow–marketing, help in the kitchen, delivery drivers. I want to be the CEO of Prepped Girl not an employee of Prepped Girl.
- I want Tory Burch sandals…and more than one pair.
- I want to complete projects (plus do new projects) around the house like finishing the basement, the bathrooms, finishing the floors, building a deck or two, laying a patio. I also want to buy nice things for the house like new furnishings and decor.
- I want the financial freedom to travel wherever I want to go, whenever I want to go (hence the reason for wanting online revenue streams) for however long I want to go.
- I want to be FREE of debt–everything paid in full!
- I want to be at my ideal weight, free from sickness, have abs for the first time, and have nice muscle tone.
- I want to spend money freely, without guilt, on the things I desire like: experiences, clothes, household items, makeup/lotions/hair products, services (facials, massages, cleaning lady, lawn care, chiropractor, holistic practitioners, cosmetic stuff like varicose vein removal, nails, teeth whitening, dry cleaning, and so forth.
- I want to buy a brand new car of my choosing.
- I want to have a pontoon boat and a speed boat.
- I want earning money to be “easy”, enjoyable, fulfilling, and fruitful, working the hours I want to work.
- I want to positively impact people’s lives on a daily basis.
- I want to make lots of money being a highly effective life coach.
- I want to be a Whole30 coach.
- I want to be able to freely give time and money to others.
- I want to live somewhere warm and sunny year round by the water (preferably the ocean). I want a main house with open floor concept plus a guest house with a pool and pool house and hot tub with cultivated fragrant flower gardens where I can walk to lots of shops and coffee houses on a daily basis.
- I want a close relationship with H + E.
- I want a warm, loving, intimate, fulfilling relationship with Ray.
- I want a great group of friends + couple friends who we can travel with and have wonderful experiences with.
- I want to be a guest on a podcast highlighting my success.
- I want to join James Wedmore’s masterminds and BBD course.
- I want to purchase and partake in workshops and retreats.
- I want to be healthy and thriving.
- I want long hair.
- I want Ray to find financial success in his passions.
- I want to travel the months the girls are in school, and have that home base I described in #18 for them to come to when they are on break.
- I want family and friends to come visit and stay with us when we move to #18.
My thoughts: This list making was so fun!! And it filled me with possibility. I felt…like I was already living this life. And I felt that feeling with me for quite a while after writing this list.
Byrne says it’s the FEELING that brings the manifestation, so I think each day I will revisit this list to conjure up the feelings of what I believe living this life feels like…